There are many causes of a dry, sore, and irritated scalp. Sometimes, the reason behind the symptoms is easy to figure out (and fix), but that’s not always the case. Whatever the reason, finding the best itchy scalp shampoo is the first step to instant relief.
You could have seborrheic dermatitis (a chronic form of eczema) or psoriasis of your scalp. These are medical skin conditions, and they can be soothed (not cured) when you use the right shampoo. Other times, it can be the chemical-based products that you use on your hair, blow dryers and curling irons, or a lack of moisture in your skin (dehydration). This problem can be resolved with lifestyle and hair treatment modifications.
When you want a good shampoo for healing dry scalp, look for something that contains essential nutrients and vitamins. Also, shampoos that contain essential oils work well for treating dry skin. They not only add nourishment to your scalp and hair, but they also provide the natural oils that are required to be healthy.
In this article, we will discuss the importance of finding the best shampoo for dry scalp. There are many good options available, but the right choice for you will be different than one for somebody else. We will also talk about the reasons for the dryness and find products that work.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Good Itchy Scalp Shampoo
- It’s essential that you find out why the scalp is so itchy and irritated. Is it a medical condition, weather changes, styling products, etc?
- If you have color-treated hair, some ingredients may strip the color from your hair while healing your scalp. There are shampoos that are specifically designed for colored hair that put moisture back into your scalp and remove the itchiness.
- When you have thick or dark-colored hair (in particular), you need to avoid a shampoo that makes your hair look overly greasy.
- If you have sensitive skin, some ingredients may be too harsh and cause further irritation. This can even apply to natural ingredients.
- Perhaps you are allergic to certain substances. Check the list of ingredients and be sure to avoid that product. There are plenty of alternatives.
- How long does it take to apply? If you lead a busy lifestyle, you may not have time to go through multiple stages of treatment.
- You also need to consider how much you can afford to spend. If you need to use a specialist shampoo regularly, it’s a repeat expense. Just because the problem has gone away doesn’t necessarily mean that you can revert back to your previous habits. If you do have a medical problem, you may need to continue treating your scalp for life.
A natural dry scalp shampoo, such as Christina Moss Naturals Organic Shampoo, will cleanse and nourish your hair without any of the negatives that we’ve discussed. This shampoo gently removes the build-up of dead skin and adds nourishment that soaks into your skin. This will help you scalp to recover and leave you with healthy-looking hair.
What’s the Best Itchy Scalp Shampoo for Men?
Men’s skin is somewhat tougher than women’s skin (in most cases), so you will likely need a stronger shampoo. One that can remove the dead flakes and take away the itchiness, providing you with a source of quick relief from the discomfort that you’re experiencing.
- Pro Tip: There’s a specialist shampoo for men that works called K + S Salon Quality Men’s Shampoo. It contains tea tree oil, along with other ingredients that have healing properties, that is very nourishing for your scalp. Whether you have short, long, thin or thick hair, you will notice a difference to your scalp within a few hours of treatment.
What’s the Best Color-Treated Hair Shampoo for Dry Scalp?
When you add chemicals to your scalp, such as getting a perm or your hair colored, it can dry out the scalp and cause irritation. Many times, the salon sells shampoos and conditioners, but most are only designed to keep the curls or color in place.
- Pro Tip: If your scalp has become itchy after having a hair treatment, one of the best shampoos that you can use is Tru Moroccan Repair Shampoo. It will not only heal dry scalp, but also keep the coloring or curls in your hair for longer.
What is the Best Natural Shampoo for Itchy Scalp?
In recent years, people have been switching over to all-natural products. They don’t want to use chemicals, even with soaps or shampoos. If this applies to you, take a look at Christina Moss Naturals Organic Shampoo. The company has been in business for over a decade and is dedicated to helping people with dry skin problems. Their products are 100% natural, and this shampoo is very effective.
When your scalp is dry and itchy, it is unhealthy. The shafts can’t get the oils that they need to properly nourish your hair, making it dull and dry. As you continue to use a shampoo that works to heal your scalp, your hair will start to become healthy and grow properly again.
The best itchy scalp shampoo has the ability to gently get rid of the dead skin cells that are blocking the sebum (your skin’s natural oils) from coming to the surface. This is what really keeps your scalp healthy, hence the reason that so many people struggle when they smoke (or give up smoking).
Using a shampoo that contains essential oils will give you instant relief from the itching. The oils will quickly penetrate the dead cells, and sink into your scalp fast. You don’t have to worry about your hair getting greasy because the oils gradually soak in to your scalp.
Before you start using a shampoo that removes itchiness, you need to understand why it’s happening. Here’s some information on the different causes and treatments for dry scalp. If you’re finding it hard to identify the underlying cause, a doctor will be able to perform some medical tests. They’ll quickly be able to tell you if it’s a lifestyle choice, hair care product or skin condition that’s behind the dryness and itching.