When you suffer with a dry flaky scalp, it can make life really uncomfortable. There are so many products that it can be hard to find one that will provide some much-needed relief from the symptoms. You’ve found yourself wondering why your scalp is so dry and itchy, and have now discovered that there are many reasons. The good news is that there are things that can be done to heal the scalp so that you can feel better.
Having a scalp that is always itchy is not only difficult to deal with, but it can also be embarrassing. You not only need to put up with scratching and flaking, but damaged hair and patches of baldness are a further problem that far too many of us experience.
In this article, we will discuss the different reasons why the scalp can dry out. We will also talk about things that you can do to heal and protect the scalp from further damage, and provides some advice that will enable you to recover from dry scalp faster.
Why Is My Scalp So Dry And Itchy?
No matter what time of year it is, many people experience dry skin. Some of the reasons why the scalp can become dry include a lack of water, shortage of vitamins, a build up of hair care products, hot/cold weather, medical conditions, and coloring or perming hair.
Often times, scalp becomes dry because of hair styling products. Even though you wash your hair every day, these products remain in your skin because they sink in. When this happens, will they start to clog the pores in your scalp. Your skin is dry, it gets itchy.
You have probably tried everything to correct the problem. From natural shampoos and conditioners to oils and creams. There are also things that you can do that will enable you to feel better in the future, such as diet that’s rich in fish oils and Omega-3.
How Do You Clear Up a Dry Scalp at Home?
Sebum is a natural oil that your body produces to nourish the skin. When the pores become clogged, the sebum can’t get through to the skin.
Many over-the-counter products claim to be able stop the dryness, but they don’t always ‘cure’ the underlying problem. You have to use something that will cleanse and moisturize the scalp. If you have a medical problem, like eczema, you need to treat the condition.
The use of essential oils will help your scalp to undo the damage that’s been caused. This is because they are packed full of antibacterial, antifungal, antibiotic, and other healing properties. Ones to focus on include Tea tree oil, Jojoba Oil, Almond Oil, and Argan Oil.
If you have a medical condition that affects the scalp, you’ll most likely need a special treatment. While not all medical issues that affect the skin can be cured, it’s definitely possible to minimize the unpleasant symptoms. You should find out about the causes and treatments of dry scalp.
Why is My Scalp So Dry and Hair Falling Out?
As your scalp gets drier, it starts to affect the thickness and fullness of the hair. This is because the roots are also under the skin, and they can’t get any nourishment. Also, because of the constant itchiness and scratching, the hair can sometimes start to break and fall out.
Unfortunately, it’s not always possible to reverse the damage that has already been done to the hair and scalp. However, you can prevent additional hair loss or bald patches by removing the underlying cause. That’s why it’s so important to take action as soon as possible.
- Pro Tip: There is a product called Christina Moss Naturals Organic Shampoo that is 100% natural, and is completely safe to use on all hair and skin types. It works to not only clean and heal your scalp, but it also puts nourishment back into your hair. Many people notice a big difference to their scalp within a few washes. It’s definitely a much better option than using a chemical-based treatment or shampoo.
How to Heal the Scalp Faster
- A hot shower at the end of a long day is the perfect stress reliever – or is it? While it may feel good, very hot water is not good for the scalp. When you want to heal dry scalp, use warm water. Hot water will just dry it out even more, so avoid it when you can.
- The same goes for styling products, such as hair dryers and curling tongs. Use the least possible amount of heat that you can on your skin. Just allow more time each day to get the results that you need and your scalp will thank you.
- Another good thing to do is to gently massage any shampoo or treatment into your scalp. You will stimulate the circulation under your skin, which will help to get the blood flowing faster, and stimulating the natural oils in your skin.
- If you normally wash your hair once or more a day, try reducing the frequency. Cleanliness can sometimes be overdone. If you don’t wash your hair very often, shampoo and condition the hair a few times each week.
- If the heat is beating down on your head, or it’s freezing cold outside, make sure that you cover up your head. And remember that some head wear, such as wearing a fashionable beanie, can make the itchiness much worse.
Dryness of the scalp can make life a misery, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Once you find out the cause of the problem, you will be able to take action to remove the dryness and itchiness. A healthy oil-rich diet, coupled with Christina Moss Naturals Organic Shampoo, will help you to correct the problem with minimal fuss. If you have a medical condition, talk to a doctor as they’ll find something to lessen the symptoms.